Saturday, November 8, 2008

TT Pro 50H Ring Cylinder Head Gasket Melted!!

Note, the burning fuel with brownish colour on the head and crankcase



This is my Thunder Tiger Pro 50HR engine. I did some figure of eights this morning with 1850 rpm as set in GV-1. Noticed the engine lost its power and quit suddenly. Landed with autorotation.

Five things in my mind: Pick-up silicon tube in main tank/header tank fell-off?..... Blocked fuel filter?....Blocked carburetor?.... Broken piston ring?.... Broken piston?.... That was the end of my flight for that day!!

At home, I checked the pick-up silicon tube but still ok, by the way I replaced it with a new one. Tube in the header tank was ok as well. Fuel filter not blocked. Also checked the carburetor but no foreign objects found blocking the valve.

Lastly I removed the engine with a surprised. The cylinder head was loosed and all the 6 hex bolt also loosed!!! The aluminium gasket was badly damaged and melted. I thinked it was becaused of the high pressure and super heat from the cylinder exhausted from the leak thus melting the gasket. Now I'm still looking for a new gasket. Or make my own...

No comments:

No Paypal account? Easy Online Pay.... Sign-up here....

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.